Risk & Insurance Analyst
Date Posted: February 23, 2023
Closing Date: March 10, 2023
Reports To: Manager, Risk
We are Methanex: the world’s largest producer and supplier of methanol to major international markets in North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and South America, with our corporate head office located in Vancouver, BC.
What’s In It For You
- A competitive total rewards package that includes annual performance bonus program, generous pension plan, extended benefits coverage, and a flexible vacation program (3 weeks to start with additional personal days)
- Open and collaborative culture with direct line of communication to Executive Leadership team
- Beautiful, newly renovated downtown office with an excellent view and snack/soda bar for when you are onsite
An exciting opportunity to be part of a risk management team supporting the procurement and management of Methanex’s Global Insurance Program, Loss Prevention initiatives and the broader risk management function within the organization.
Supporting the global insurance program
- Manage hard copy and electronic records of all insurance policies, binders, and slips: 1) reviewing for accuracy 2) filing, and 3) interpreting insurance policies to support regional queries related to coverage.
- Monitor the status of regional insurance premium calculations and invoices – allocating premiums, monitoring status of invoices and remittance of all global premiums.
- Working with regional and functional teams, coordinate underwriting information for all insurance renewals
- Assist with negotiation of insurance placements and renewals.
- Support the processing and management of insurance claims
- Process and manage Certificates of Insurance for customers, suppliers and other third parties.
- Own regional insurance premium budgets
Support other initiatives within the risk management function
- Review and negotiate standard contracts to ensure appropriate liability and insurance provisions.
- Collate regional risk registers and support the global enterprise risk management (ERM) process.
- Support Methanex Loss Prevention program, including risk assessments and coordinating with insurers in respect of recommendations.
Education and/or Professional Designation
- Post-secondary education specializing in Finance or Risk Management related fields
- Insurance industry related accreditation (CIP, CRM, CAIB)
Experience and Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum 3-5 years of insurance related experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills – with ability to manage and track a large number of issues simultaneously (i.e., lots of moving parts)
- Analytical and competent in MS-Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, OneNote, Sharepoint), particularly in designing, building and maintaining Excel spreadsheets
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Attention to detail
- Able to handle complexity
- Works collaboratively with others with a positive disposition
- Superior language and communication skills
- Able to deal with ambiguity and respond to complex situations with pragmatic solutions
Apply for Risk & Insurance Analyst
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.