Power Engineering Summer Students
Date Posted: January 20, 2023
Closing Date: February 22, 2023
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
Duration: Full-time, Temporary
Methanex is currently seeking multiple Power Engineering Summer Students to join our team in Medicine Hat, AB on a full-time basis. These positions will be based on a three-month or four-month work term during the summer of 2023, dependent on the program schedule of the post-secondary power engineering program being attended.
The Power Engineering Summer Student will gain steam time toward their Third-Class Power Engineering studies and will have the opportunity to experience both utilities and process work.
The Power Engineering Summer Student will work under the direction of a qualified shift operator and have the opportunity to take part in the operator training program. Duties will include unit rounds, monitoring equipment, helping prepare equipment for maintenance, as well as boiler water sampling and testing.
Experience and Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Current enrollment in a two-year Power Engineering Technology diploma program with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4-point scale
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License
- Strong computer skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Successfully complete a pre-employment screening that includes a background check and medical assessment, including drug and alcohol screening, due to the safety sensitive nature of the position
- Self-motivated with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Observable learning agility demonstrated by a consistent ability to readily retain new information and demonstrate acquired skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong listening skills and receptiveness to feedback
- Willing to support all Methanex Responsible Care environment, health, and safety initiatives
Apply for Power Engineering Summer Students
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.