Senior Supply and Logistics Specialist, Asia
Date Posted: February 10, 2023
Closing Date: February 24, 2023
Reports To: Commercial Manager, Logistics, Asia
Location: Hong Kong
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, Logistics, Asia, you will have responsibilities in:
- Data Analysis – Assisting the Operations Team in data gathering, providing insightful analysis and recommendations.
- Project Management – Support conducting studies and delivering on logistics, supply chain and marketing related commercial projects.
- Operations – Execution of spot purchasing and swaps for the Asia Region.
- Supply chain management – Lead supply & demand planning for the SEA market to ensure supply reliability while maintaining low costs and smooth operations.
- Relationship Management – Main focal point of operational contact with strategic swap and offtake suppliers in Asia, and account owner for specific Logistics service provider contracts.
- Budgeting and Reporting – Responsible for Asia logistics budget and preparation of departmental and mangaement reports.
- Inventory management – Work with local teams to effectively monitor, evaluate and report on Inventory levels across stocking points, to ensure balance between maintaining sufficient inventory and ensuring strategic purchasing gaps.
- Contracting – Handle documentation, invoicing, price and volume reconciliation and contract renewals for relevant swaps and offtakes.
- Provide back up for the China region and Global Supply Chain teams with respect to some or all of the above tasks.
Supply Chain Management & Support
- Gather and maintain market information on all Customer Service & Logistics areas of activities, including barging, trucking, terminals, consultants, in order to ensure proper market understanding and up-to-date knowledge by the team.
- Create and maintain reports for sharing logistics market information.
- Provide incremental analysis in support of the CS and Supply Chain teams with regards to supplier performance
- Co-ordinate with swap and offtake partners to ensure reliable supply to SEA and ANZ region.
- Identify purchasing needs to support supply planning for SEA and ANZ. This includes all associated tasks, including documentation.
- Provide inputs to Commercial Manager in order to help formulate a robust offtake & swap strategy for Asia region. Recommendations to be backed by data analysis, performance tracking and marketing considerations.
- Identify process improvement opportunities for executing swap and offtake agreements smoothly.
- Responsible in monitoring inventory levels and to recommend adequate safety stock levels across all terminal assets in the region.
Budgeting & Reporting Activities
- Responsible for Asia logistics budget which includes monitoring actual vs budget costs on a per month basis.
- Assists in monitoring and reporting Asia KPIs and seeks optimizations by analyzing logistics costs structure and regional setup.
- Primary supply chain and logistics liaison with the regional Finance and Marketing teams (for reporting purposes) and is in-charge of providing regional swap, offtake and spot purchasing updates to Global Supply Chain.
- Assist in the data collection and collation of CS&L sections of the Management report.
- Evaluate and implement continuous improvement (CI) initiatives to improve and streamline logistics costs and budgeting tools.
- Support the integration of Oracle reporting with existing logistics costs and budgeting tools with the Finance team.
Strategic planning & Commercial projects support
- Maintain database for operations monitoring and performance review of 3rd party partners and suppliers.
- Manage commercial contracts and relationships with Logistics service providers and to lead negotiations for contract renewals.
- Provide support to Commercial Manager on activities which may include, but not limited to, spot market analyses, procurement KPI’s.
- Provide support to the CS&L team for potential ad hoc projects related to supply chain performance.
- Support analysis of logistics and supply chain alternatives to improve MX profitability/ Netback.
- Play a key project team member role on strategic high-value logistics, supply chain and market/business development projects to support sales growth in Asia.
- Maintain database to track and report competitor logistics capabilities.
- Support Commercial Manager to conduct comprehensive logistics infrastructure and capability review across the region, as well as to monitor performance of logistics service providers.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Under guidance from Commercial Manager, assist in performing Know your supplier checks for new swap/offtake/spot partners, and Responsible Care assessments for potential new locations in line with global requirements.
- University degree and experience/training in relevant field (e.g. Economics, Supply Chain, or Logistics Management), MBA an asset.
Experience and Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in a data or supply chain analyst role
- Proven experience with data manipulation and basic excel modelling
- Proven experience in project management and execution
- High English proficiency (Both written and verbal)
- Strong computer skills in Office applications (Exce;, PowerPoint, Word)
- Modelling capability in Excel; PowerBI knowledge an asset
- Knowledge in Oracle ERP systems and reporting a plus
- Supplier or vendor management experience a plus
- Budgeting and cost management experience a plus
Personality and Soft Skills
- Strong communication skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Highly motivated with drive for customer service excellence
- Capable to manage stress in dynamic environment
- Pro-active and can-do attitue
- Not afraid to take initiative and propose new ideas
Looking for an interesting job full of challenges in an international company that treats its employees like family? Look no further! We have you covered! Apply now!
Apply for Senior Supply and Logistics Specialist, Asia
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.