Engineering Co-op Student
Date Posted: January 10, 2023
Closing Date: February 21, 2023
Reports To: Engineering Group Lead
Working within the Technical department, the Co-op student will support the Engineering and Projects group on project development and execution for the local portfolio. This will include learning the Methanex MOC process, capital project systems and the interactions with local contractors responsible for project execution and mechanical completion.
This is a temporary Co-op student position commencing May 2020 for 8 (eight) to 12 (twelve) months in duration. It is open to students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate Chemical/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering degree program and will be returning to their program upon the completion of their Co-op work term.
- Basic concepts on conceptual studies for capital projects, feasibility studies, cost and schedule management
- Understand and complete “as build” drawings, as well as typical project documentation
- Provide support to engineering on day-to-day small projects
- Currently enrolled and have successfully completed their second or third year studies in an undergraduate Engineering program.
- Demonstrated proficiency with CAD software; the ability to build new and modify existing drawings
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Customer-focused; dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers
- Excellent communication (i.e., written, verbal and listening), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Independently motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a team environment
Apply for Engineering Co-op Student
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.