Document Control Clerk
Date Posted: February 15, 2023
Closing Date: March 1, 2023
Reports To: Engineering Group Lead
Duration: Full- time, Temporary
The Document Control Clerk works in conjunction with the Document Control Coordinator for the implementation of the Engineering Document Management Process at the Medicine Hat site. This temporal role executes document-related activities to ensure all engineering records are effectively managed within the Methanex document management system.
This is a temporary position with an anticipated end date of September 30, 2023.
- Inputting, auditing, and reviewing the accuracy of document metadata for upload into EDMS
- Responsible for actively participating as a team member in the Engineering Document Management System (EDMS) implementation.
- As required, identify, develop, present, and implement document workflow improvements.
- Employee and contractor compliance with Methanex policies, procedures, and applicable standards
- Effectively communicate current activities and policies
- Ensure implementation of and compliance with all Methanex HR policies and procedures, including performance optimization
- Designated legislative compliance contact person with responsibility for ensuring legislation in the area of expertise is complied with and proposed changes/updates communicated
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect, and professionalism
- Undertakes all aspects of the role by walking the talk of the Methanex values
Technical Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma in administrative office management or a related technical discipline is preferred; an equivalent combination of education and training may be considered
- Previous document control experience in an engineering project or data management environment using an electronic document management system.
- Ability to understand engineering-related documents including specification sheets and AutoCAD drawings, engineering record numbers and hard and soft revisions
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Customer-focused; dedicated to exceeding the expectations of internal and external customers
- Strong ability to develop and maintain positive peer relationships, including strong team collaboration skills
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and direction
- Results-driven with a demonstrated ability to consistently exceed identified goals and achieve results
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with strong prioritization and time management skills, demonstrated through a consistent ability to flexibly respond to shifting priorities and manage several competing priority tasks simultaneously
- Consistent ability to adhere to defined methods and procedures
- Sound judgment with a demonstrated ability to generate effective options and recommendations based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, and experience
- Proactive in identifying and implementing improvements and efficiencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Strong self-awareness, a personal commitment to ongoing self-development and demonstrated learning agility
Apply for Document Control Clerk
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.