Maintenance Craftsman, Pipefitter
Date Posted: December 19, 2022
Reports To: Mechanical Supervisor
Completes the maintenance and repairs of assigned mechanical equipment at Methanex Geismar, prioritizing the workload at the direction of, and in conjunction with, the Mechanical Foreman.
- Assists in work planning, coordination, and implementation of work on a day-to-day basis as required.
- Ensures work is planned and parts available
- Provides fixed mechanical equipment assistance to the Maintenance Department.
- Ensures all fixed equipment is overhauled and repaired using problem solving root cause analysis and defects engineered out, at the direction of the Mechanical Foreman and/or engineering resources.
- Assists in the continued revision of parts and equipment documentation, implementing change where appropriate.
- Assists with project design, implementation and management when requested.
- Coordinate work on Turnaround activities.
- Works with and assists other groups and departments to ensure the Maintenance Department goals are met.
- Ensures cost effective methodology and efficiencies in all work.
- Identifies any training needs requirements and to train other employees.
- Proactively seeks more efficient ways to plan and execute work.
- Applies and actively promotes excellent safety practices., including the completion of Hazard ID’s.
- Completes all required reports and maintenance history, including Maximo work reports and calibration sheets.
- Ensures that all plant maintenance is implemented in accordance with Methanex standards and Best Practices and are in compliance with all relevant USA legislation.
- Ensures that all Plant Changes are implemented in accordance with the applicable Methanex Management of Change procedures.
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities to drive down the unit cost of maintenance and/or minimize overall risk of harm to people, harm to the environment or loss prevention and communicates these to the responsible person.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all sites.
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database.
- Contribute to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex USA as an effective member of the Maintenance department.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Mechanical Trade Certificate or equivalent desired.
- 3-5 years experience as an Industrial Pipefitter.
- Experience with, and a high degree of knowledge of, reading drawings, blueprints and P&ID’s.
- High aptitude in mathematical calculations.
- Experience in the Petrochemical or related industry.
- Experience with Predictive and Preventative Maintenance programs.
- Experience with maintenance overhaul of fixed mechanical equipment.
- Experience with high pressure steam equipment.
- Basic computer skills.
By clicking “Apply Now” you will be redirected to the Jobvite website to apply for this position.
Apply for Maintenance Craftsman, Pipefitter
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.