Control Systems Technician
Date Posted: February 2, 2023
Closing Date: May 31, 2023
Reports To: Control Systems Supervisor
Location: New Plymouth
Duration: Permanent, Full-time
To carry out the maintenance and repair of assigned instrument, electrical & DCS equipment in the plant, managing and prioritising the workload in conjunction with the Maintenance Supervisor, and co-ordinating resources as required.
- Predictive and Preventative Maintenance Programme. Implement, monitor, modify, initiate.
- Control systems maintenance assistance in work planning, co-ordination, implementation of work and supervision on a day to day basis as required.
- To ensure work is planned and parts available.
- Control systems assistance to Asset group and Technical Department.
- Ensure all instrument, electrical & DCS equipment is overhauled and repaired using problem solving root cause analysis and defects engineered out.
- Assist in the continued revision of parts and equipment documentation, implementing change where appropriate.
- Assist with project design, implementation and management when requested.
- To work with and assist other groups and departments to ensure meeting of the Maintenance Department goals.
- To ensure cost effectiveness and efficiencies on all work.
- To identify any training need requirements and to train other employees.
- Apply and actively provide good safety practices. Hazard IDs.
- Complete all required reports and history. Maximo work reports and calibration sheets.
- Basic supervision of a small work group and specific tasks as required.
- Participates in the Maintenance On-call roster.
- Level 4 National Certificate in Industrial Measurement and Control (or equivalent)
Experience and Skills
- Experience in the Petrochemical or related industry
- Experience with Predictive and Preventative Maintenance programs
- Experience with field instrumentation & process analysers
- Preferable experience with high voltage electrical equipment and Hazardous Area electrical installations
- Preferable experience with DCS’ and PLC’s
- Good computer skills including experience using Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- Good planning skills – capable of planning routine and shutdown work
- Strong leadership skills with ability to impart knowledge to people
- Good team player
To apply for this position, click “Apply Now”
Applications close 13 February 2022NZT
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page at https://www.methanex.com/careers/current-opportunities
Apply for Control Systems Technician
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.